I. Modification of the Agreement
II. Products and Services
The Cyber Secure Dashboard provides information and mechanisms for a user to self-assess their compliance to the NIST SP 800-171 security controls.
Annual subscriptions begin on the day of purchase and will automatically renew each year on the same date. If at any time you wish to cancel your subscription, you may do so by contacting Heartland Science and Technology Group. Phone 217-239-1016. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
IV. Refund/Cancellation Policy
You may cancel your subscription at any time. However, Heartland Science and Technology Group does not offer refunds on Subscription products after the 14 Day Trial has ended.
V. Privacy/Personally Identifiable Information Policy
Heartland Science and Technology Group contracts with online payment service provider, Braintree. Braintree, a PayPal service, manages all payments and associated card user data on our behalf. We do not access or save any credit card user information – Braintree provides us a secure token which is then associated with a Cyber Secure Dashboard User account. To read more about our policy regarding user generated content or user information provided to us through our user registration process, see our Terms & Conditions.
VI. Warranty Disclaimer
THE SITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS,” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, HEARTLAND AND ITS SUBCONTRACTORS, PARTNERS, AND SUPPLIERS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, REGARDING THE SITE INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, SECURITY, ACCURACY AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, HEARTLAND AND ITS SUBCONTRACTORS, PARTNERS, AND SUPPLIERS MAKE NO WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION THAT ACCESS TO OR OPERATION OF THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE. YOU ASSUME FULL RESPONSIBILITY AND RISK OF LOSS RESULTING FROM YOUR DOWNLOADING AND/OR USE OF FILES, INFORMATION, CONTENT OR OTHER MATERIAL OBTAINED FROM THE SITE.
VIII. Limitation of Liability; Release
TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL HEARTLAND OR ITS SUBCONTRACTORS, PARTNERS, OR SUPPLIERS, THEIR AFFILIATES, DIRECTORS, OR EMPLOYEES, OR THEIR LICENSORS OR PARTNERS, BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, HOWEVER ARISING, AND WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT HEARTLAND HAS BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE. THE USER RELEASES HEARTLAND AND ITS SUBCONTRACTORS, PARTNERS, AND SUPPLIERS FROM LIABILITY FOR ANY SUCH DAMAGES, AND FROM ANY OTHER LIABILITY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LIABILITY THAT MAY RESULT FROM (A) THE USE, DISCLOSURE, OR DISPLAY OF YOUR USER CONTENT; (B) YOUR USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SITE; (C) THE SITE GENERALLY OR THE SOFTWARE OR SYSTEMS THAT MAKE THE SITE AVAILABLE; OR (D) ANY OTHER INTERACTIONS WITH HEARTLAND, ITS SUBCONTRACTORS, PARTNERS, OR SUPPLIERS, OR ANY OTHER USER OF THE SITE.
VIII. Registrant Account, Password, and Security
In order to access the full Cyber Secure Dashboard products and services, you must complete a registration process by providing us with current, complete and accurate information as prompted by the applicable registration form. You also may be requested to choose a password and a user name. You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account. Furthermore, you are entirely responsible for any and all activities that occur under your account. You agree to notify Heartland immediately of any unauthorized use of your account or any other breach of security. Heartland will not be liable for any loss that you may incur as a result of someone else using your password or account, either with or without your knowledge, and you could be held liable for losses incurred by Heartland or another party due to someone else using your account or password. You may not use anyone else’s account at any time, without the permission of the account holder.
IX. No Unlawful or Prohibited Use
X. Use of Resources
The Resources may contain e-mail services, bulletin board services, chat areas, news groups, forums, communities, personal web pages, calendars, photos, and/or other message or communication facilities designed to enable you to communicate with others (“Communication Services”). You agree to use the Communication Services only to post, send and receive messages and materials that are appropriate and proper, and, when applicable, related to the particular Communication Service. By way of example, and not as a limitation, you agree that when using the Communication Services, you will not:
- Use the Communication Services in connection with surveys, contests, pyramid schemes, chain letters, junk email, spamming or any duplicative or unsolicited messages (commercial or otherwise).
- Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others.
- Publish, post, upload, distribute or disseminate any inappropriate, profane, defamatory, obscene, indecent or unlawful topic, name, material or information.
- Upload, or otherwise make available, files that contain images, photographs, software or other material protected by intellectual property laws, including, by way of example, and not as limitation, copyright or trademark laws (or by rights of privacy or publicity) unless you own or control the rights thereto or have received all necessary consents to do the same.
- Use any material or information which is made available through the Resources in any manner that infringes any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or other proprietary right of any party.
- Upload files that contain viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage or interfere with the operation of another person’s computer or property.
- Advertise or offer to sell or buy any goods or services for any business purpose, unless such Communication Services specifically allow such messages.
- Download any file posted by another user of a Communication Service that you know, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally reproduced, displayed, performed, and/or distributed in such manner.
- Falsify or delete any copyright management information, such as author attributions, legal or other proper notices or proprietary designations or labels of the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is uploaded.
- Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Communication Services.
- Violate any applicable laws or regulations.
- Create a false identity for the purpose of misleading others.
- Use, download or otherwise copy, or provide (whether or not for a fee) to a person or entity any directory of users of the Resources or other user or usage information or any portion thereof.
Heartland has no obligation to monitor the Communication Services. However, Heartland reserves the right to review materials posted to the Communication Services and to remove any materials it deems inappropriate in its sole discretion. Heartland reserves the right to terminate your access to any or all of the Communication Services at any time.
Heartland reserves the right to disclose any information it deems necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in Heartlands sole discretion.
Heartland does not control or endorse the content, messages or information found in any Communication Services and Heartland disclaims any liability with regard to the Communication Services and any actions resulting from your participation in any Communication Services.
XI. Materials and Information Provided to Heartland or Posted on the Site
Heartland does not claim ownership of the materials and information you provide to Heartland (including feedback and suggestions) or post, upload, input or submit for review by the general public, or by the members of any public or private community (“Submission”). However, by posting, uploading, inputting, providing or submitting (“Posting”) your Submission you are granting Heartland permission to use your Submission, without compensation or other consideration, in connection with the operation of its business (including all Heartland Resources), including, without limitation, the license rights to: copy, distribute, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, reproduce, edit, translate and reformat your Submission; to publish your name in connection with your Submission; and the right to sublicense such rights to any supplier of the Resources. Heartland is under no obligation to post or use any Submission you may provide and Heartland may remove any Submission at any time in its sole discretion.
By Posting a Submission you warrant and represent that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to your Submission including, without limitation, all the rights necessary for you to provide, post, upload, input or submit the Submission.
XII. Notices and Procedure for Making Claims of Copyright Infringement
Heartland attempts to obey all applicable copyright laws. Any claim of copyright violation should be reported to Heartland; and we will review all such claims, and will remove content from its web site and other materials that we conclude has been posted or distributed in violation of copyright laws. If you believe that any content Heartland hosts on its web site violates your rights under copyright laws, you should submit notice of such violation in compliance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) to the following:
Glen R. Salo, Heartland Science and Technology Group, 60 Hazelwood Drive, Champaign, IL 61820
Telephone : (217) 239-1016
Email : email@example.com
The notice must contain the following information:
- A physical or electronic signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which you may be contacted;
- A statement that you have a good-faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate and made under penalty of perjury, and that you are the owner, or authorized to act on behalf of the owner, of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
XIII. Links to Third Party Sites
Links to other sites will let you leave Heartland’s Site. The linked sites are not under the control of Heartland and Heartland is not responsible for the contents of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site, or any changes or updates to such sites. Heartland is not responsible for webcasting or any other form of transmission received from any linked site. Heartland is providing these links only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Heartland of the site.
XIV. Unsolicited Idea Submissions
Neither Heartland nor subcontractors, partners, or suppliers, or any of their respective employees, agents or representatives, will accept or consider unsolicited ideas, including ideas for new promotions, new products, services or technologies, processes, materials, document or presentation formats, marketing plans or new product or service names. Please do not send any original creative artwork, samples, demos, or other works. The sole purpose of this policy is to avoid potential misunderstandings or disputes when Heartland’s or its subcontractors, partners, or suppliers services or marketing strategies might seem similar to ideas submitted to Heartland. If, despite this admonition, you still send us your ideas and materials, please understand that neither Heartland nor its subcontractors, partners, or suppliers is not under any obligation of confidentiality and makes no assurances that your ideas and materials will be treated as confidential or proprietary.
XV. User Consent to Receive Communications in Electronic Form
XVI. Choice of Law/Forum Selection/Attorney Fees
You agree that any dispute arising out of or relating to http://www.cybersecuredashboard.com, whether based in contract, tort, statutory or other law, will be governed by federal law and by the laws of Illinois, excluding its conflicts of law provisions. You further consent to the personal jurisdiction of and exclusive venue in the federal and state courts located in and serving Champaign, Illinois as the exclusive legal forums for any such dispute.